Paid Parental Leave
Effective July 1, 2023, the company has updated the paid parental leave plan for employees who are benefits eligible and not part of a collective bargaining agreement. The plan allows employees to take time off to bond with a newly born or newly adopted child. To be eligible for Veolia Paid Parental Leave under this policy, Veolia employees must be Regular Employees (not in a temporary or staffing contract position). Initial eligibility will occur upon date of hire.
Eligible employees will be entitled to up to 10 weeks of parental leave in any 12-month rolling period paid at 100% of regular straight-time weekly pay.
- You must be benefits eligible (scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week) and not part of a collectively bargained agreement.
- You must notify your manager as soon as possible that you will be taking this leave.
- If used intermittently, parental leave must be used in weekly (i.e., up to 5 business day) intervals and must be completed within the 12 month period following the qualified event.
- Payments will be paid through payroll.
- Leave requests must be submitted to and approved by Lincoln Financial, otherwise you will not get paid.
- You will be required to provide documentation to substantiate the event.
- This leave will be offset by any other payment (for example, from your state)
- Runs concurrently with FMLA but cannot be taken with STD.
Please review the paid parental leave plan HERE.