Useful Tips on Filing STD/LTD/FMLA Claims
Here is a printable version of these Useful Tips.
Short Term Disability (STD) Tips:
- Contact your supervisor.
- Contact Lincoln Financial Group at 1-844-247-4446 or file your claim online at MyLincolnPortal.com. If you have not registered online before, you will need to register as a new user. Our company code is: VEOLIA.
- There is a one week elimination period (based on your reason for disability and disability class) in which benefits are not paid. Contact Kenzi Martin via email at email@example.com or by phone at (617) 850-4323 if you would like to use PTO (Vacation/Sick/Floating Holiday) to supplement your pay.
- Most STD policies do not pay 100%. If you want to use PTO to supplement your pay, please contact Kenzi Martin.
- Your treating physician’s office may require you to sign an authorization form to allow Liberty Mutual to request your medical records directly from your physician. If they do not provide the form, click HERE to print out a generic form to take to your physician’s office.
- Follow up with your physician’s office to make sure they are sending all of the information requested by Liberty Mutual in order to avoid delays in your short term disability being approved.
- Make sure your home address and phone number(s) are up to date in the payroll system. If they are not, please reach out to the Shared Services Center at (800) 646-4601 (Option 5) to get your personal information updated.
- When you return to work, you will need to notify Lincoln Financial of your return to work date along with a physician’s release to Lincoln Financial and your supervisor.
Long Term Disability (LTD) Tips:
- Make sure you return the LTD application to Lincoln Financial in a timely manner. If you have any questions in regards to your LTD, you will need to contact Lincoln Financial directly as Veolia does not make any determinations or LTD payments.
- Make sure your physician is communicating the proper information to Lincoln Financial.
- Once you are on Long Term Disability, your health and welfare benefits will be billed to you through Veolia’s direct bill vendor ConnectYourCare. You will receive a letter from ConnectYourCare indicating your monthly insurance amounts due and instructions on paying your bill. Failure to pay your monthly insurance premiums will result in termination of your benefits.
- Once you are on leave for total of 12 months from your Short Term Disability start date, your group life insurance through Veolia ends. You have the option to convert it to an individual policy through Lincoln Financial.
- Your life insurance conversion letter will be mailed from Lincoln Financial to your home address. You have 31 days to elect the individual policy through Lincoln Financial; if you do not elect to convert the policy, your life and AD&D insurance coverage will end.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Tips:
- Notify your supervisor that you will be filing for FMLA.
- Contact Lincoln Financial at (844) 247-4446 or file your claim online at MyLincolnPortal.com. If you have not registered online before, you will need to register as a new user. Our company code is: VEOLIA
- PTO time may be used for FMLA unless you have a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) with more specific guidelines.
- For intermittent leave, you must report the time to Lincoln Financial. (Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action determined by your HRBP.)
- During intermittent leave, PTO is requested as you normally would at your location.
- If it is long term (more than 2 weeks) FMLA leave, please contact Kenzi Martin to administer PTO time.